Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg
Nine centuries of history
Towering at almost 800 metres, Haut-Koenigsbourg boasts an exceptional panoramic view. From the Grand Bastion, you can see the Alsace plain, the Vosges, the Black Forest and on a clear day, the Alps…
Built in the 12th century, the castle bore witness to nine centuries of European conflicts and rivalries between feudal lords, kings and emperors.
At the turn of the twentieth century, the German Emperor Wilhelm II decided to renovate the former castle, that was besieged, destroyed and finally abandoned during the Thirty Years' War. The restoration works, notable for their size and modern approach, took only eight years. Haut-Koenigsbourg, restored to its former glory, opened its doors once again in 1908.
- Ouvert au public
- le prestataire déclare respecter les protocoles sanitaires
- Port du masque obligatoire
- Gel hydroalcoolique à disposition
- Réservation obligatoire
- Paiement sans contact fortement recommandé
- A moins de 200 m d'un parking public gratuit
- Parking autocars