To walk through the gates of Haut-Koenigsbourg castle is to plunge into the world of the Middle Ages.
And by visiting the castle freely and discovering the route at your own pace, you will fully enjoy the monument, its riches and its details. A privileged visit to this impressive fortress!
Online ticket purchases at https://tickets.haut-koenigsbourg.fr are recommended during peak periods.
In the middle of nature
Type of site to visit
- Castles in ruins
Type of visits
- Free visit
- Self-guided visit with documents in French
- Visit with educational sheets/pack
- Guided tour for individuals with reservation
Duration of the visit
Opening, proposed sales service (after lockdown) and modalities
- The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols
- Hydroalcoholic gel available
- Contactless payment highly recommended
- Less than 200 m from a free public car park
- Coach parking
Availability and opening
On Mondays the castle opens at 10.30 am. January, February, November and December from 9:30 to 12:30 and from 13:45 to 16:00. March and October from 9:30 to 12:30 and from 13:45 to 16:30. April, May and September from 9:30 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 17:00. From 10 July to 31 August from 9:30 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 17:30. Online booking is compulsory. Closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December.
- Adult rate : 9
- Child rate : 5
- Group rate : 7
- Groups : 2
Methods of payment
- Credit card
- Holiday vouchers
Situated in the mountain
Also worth seeing