The Witches' house

Contact information
Association culture et patrimoine de Bergheim
Mme Marie-Odile KUBISZYN
GermanEnglish
5 Rue de l'Église
68750 BergheimLocate
CallSend an emailWebsite
The site presents the first part of the permanent, yet constantly developing, exhibition dedicated to the witches tried in Bergheim from 1582 to 1683. The main features are the sections dealing with the following themes: Alsace, a mosaic of territories and landowners -Bergheim 1550 - 1650 - the 3 D-plan of the city adapted from one of Merian's engravings and more recent documents - the trial of Catherine Bassler, accused of witchcraft - the bailiwick of Bergheim, to which Rodern and Rorschwihr belonged. Bilingual: French and German.
Themes
- Folk art and traditions
- Graphic arts
- History
- Literary heritage
- Science and technology
Situation
In the town/village centre
Type of visits
- Free visit
- Guided tour for individuals with reservation
Duration of the visit
1h
More
  • Free private garage
  • Private paying garage
  • Free parking for cars
  • Paid parking for cars
  • Less than 200 m from a free public car park
  • Coach parking
  • Motorbike garage
Availability and opening
Opening times
June 23 to October 20, 2024:
- in July and August from Wednesday to Sunday from 2pm to 6pm
- in June, September and October only on Sundays from 2 pm to 6 pm
Group visits by prior arrangement during the opening period.
Opening period(s)
Methods of payment
- Cheque
- Cash
Location
Situated in the vineyard
Itinerary
Starting city :
Jardin des Papillons
Go to top
Outils d'accessibilité