Mountain bike – road bike
Alsace, an ideal terrain for cycling holidays
With a combination of short and long-distance cycling routes, Alsace has something for all cyclists. The region is crossed by three EuroVelo routes : EuroVelo 15 - Rhine Cycle Route, from Andermatt to Rotterdam, EuroVelo 5- Via Romea Francigena, from London to Rome and EuroVelo 6. Adjoining this framework, you will find the Alsace Wine Road cycle route and cross-border routes to Offenburg, Dahn, Baden-Baden and Freiburg-im-Breisgau.
To complete this offer, thematic circuits in regional loops >50 km or local loops <50 km are proposed throughout Alsace. Flat along the Rhine, hilly in the vineyards and more rugged in the Vosges Mountains, Alsace is accessible to all.
Discover all the cycling routes here: www.cyclinginalsace.com/en
Mountain bike discovery routes in the Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr Region
The Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr Region, which territory spreads alternatively on the Vosges Mountain, the Alsatian vineyards and the Alsatian plain, offers a large diversity of landscapes and an ideal relief to practice mountain bike.
Mountain bike tours – starting from Ribeauvillé and offering different levels of difficulty and distances – have been marked out in order to enable mountain bike lovers to go through the Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr region and to discover the range of its landscapes, whatever their level of practice.
Download our Pays de Ribeauvillé-Riquewihr Tour mobile application to discover and browse the 15 routes or download the map in PDF format below.
Routes for mountain and hybrid bikes : “Grands Crus wine path”
Discover the heart of the vineyards in the Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr region by going off the beaten tracks on the wine paths.
Many opportunities are given to you: ride on the 17 km-loop, which links the main paths leading to the 6 villages of Beblenheim, Bennwihr, Hunawihr, Mittelwihr, Riquewihr and Zellenberg or ride on the communal loops, which distances vary between 2 and 4 km according to the village. Each one of these loops offers the possibility to discover the work of the wine grower and the 7 grape varieties in details thanks to the numerous information signs implanted all along the paths.
* You can download the map of the Grans Crus wine path “Sentier viticole des Grands Crus” below.
Adopt good mountain biking habits
- I prefer recommended and signposted routes (FFC or FFCT).
- I respect the signposting on site and do not follow a section where the signposting explicitly forbids the use of mountain bikes.
- I will only stay on the existing paths and tracks, so I will not go off-road.
- Pedestrians always have priority. I slow down when approaching them and get off my bike if necessary.
- I organise events outside the quiet zones.
- I do not create new tracks, modules or developments in the natural environment without the agreement of the owner and manager.
- I take care not to disturb the herds I encounter, I keep my distance from the animals and I close the fences after my passage
BIKES AND MOUNTAIN BIKES RENTAL
If you do not have your own bike or mountain bike during your stay in the Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr Region, you can rent bikes from the following bike renters :
Electric charging stations
Recharge your electric bikes in Riquewihr!
Fin below the different bicycle parking points. The list can also be downloaded by clicking here.